Below are the new features I think are important in Oracle EPM 126.96.36.199
- Firefox 10.x+ and Internet Explorer 9 are now supported Web browsers
- Microsoft Office 2010 64 bit is now supported
- UI Enhancements: The new User Interface - Oracle's ADF (Application Development Framework), recommend that you upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 10 to get responsiveness similar to what you experienced in previous releases.
- The Oracle Hyperion Financial Reporting Print Server is now part of the Financial Reporting Web application. You no longer have to install the Print Server as part of the Financial Reporting Studio installation, and you no longer need Microsoft Office on the Print Server
- Oracle Hyperion Calculation Manager has replaced Oracle Hyperion Business Rules as the mechanism for designing and managing business rules, therefore, Business Rules is no longer released with EPM System Release 188.8.131.52
- Support for Groups in Approvals
- All Years Member can be created when initializing application
- Multiple Document Attachments in Web Form
- Multiple Comments for Cells or Cell Ranges in Web Form
- Viewing a Cell's Data History in Web Form
- Display Data as Charts in Web Form
- You can create, assign, and delete substitution variables directly from the Planning web interface.
- Map Reporting Application: map data from a planning BSO database to one or more BSO/ASO databases.
Below are the new features I think are important in Oracle EPM 184.108.40.206
- When you open Shared Services Console in Workspace, the page will be opened in a new tab of workspace but not a new window as before
- ERPi change its name to data management
- OBIEE 220.127.116.11 is back in Workspace (it used to be there back in OBIEE 10). You can both create and launch OBIEE from Workspace.
- OBIEE uses single-sign on if you're logged into Workspace (OBIEE now can also share a security model with Essbase).
- Support for ASO databases in Planning applications
- Support for flexible custom dimensions that may differ in each plan type
- Administrators can add or delete plan types using the new plan type editor.
- Outline Load Utility implemented in the web interface: allows metadata to be imported and exported from the Planning UI
- Export/import Planning metadata and data to/from a relational database
- Access to Planning metadata in Smart View (add or update members, build hierarchies)
- Task lists can now include "Copy Version" and "Job Console" as tasks.
- Using Runtime Substitution Variables in Calculation Scripts (SET RUNTIMESUBVARS)
- New Calculation Functions: @CREATEBLOCK etc.
- @XREF has been improved in some cases as much as 40-times.
- no Essbase Excel Add-In 18.104.22.168.
- New Application Types: Tax Provisioning
- Configurable Dimensionality: You can create applications with an unlimited amount of custom dimensions
- Dynamic POV Member Lists: If your administrator has defined dynamic POV member lists for your form/grid, the members to be displayed in the rows or columns dynamically change based on the member you select in the POV.
- On-Demand Rules in form (run only a subset of calculations)
- Single-click to edit an input cell
- Administrator can disable specific modules (e.g. Journals or Intercompany Transactions modules) for certain applications.
- Mobile Support: iPhone, iPad or Android (using the device's default Web browser)
- Book Enhancements
- Improved Smart View Integration
- Supported direct access to OBIEE 22.214.171.124
- New "Planning Admin" extension that lets administrators update Planning metadata from Smart View.
- All Financial Reporting formatting, such as fonts, borders, shading, currency symbols and number separators available for Smart View Office tables