- The login user is a viewer role - Provison setting in Shared Services
- The login user is not the current owner of the cell's planning unit - Check the current owner of the planning unit in Planning Manage Approvals
- One member of the cell is Dynamic Calc/Label Only - Member setting in Planning Dimension
- One member of the cell is not a leaf member - Member hierarchy in Planning Dimension
- The periods are out of the Scenario's valid input range (From Start Year/Period to End Year/Period) - Scenario member setting in Planning Dimension
- One of the members is Read-only - Member security setting in Planning Dimension
- Forgot to refresh the new added member to Essbase - Check the member synchronization of Planning and Essbase/Refresh Database
- Segment (One of the rows or columns) of the form is set to Read-only - Segment setting in Planning Form Design
- The form is set to Read-only - Form setting in Planning Form Design
- The segment is a formula row/column - Form setting in Planning Form Design
- The cell contains Supporting Detail - Cell input in Planning Form
Monday, December 1, 2014
Hyperion Planning - Why Form Cells are Read-only?
Sometimes we need to diagnose for our clients why some cells in forms are read-only and cannot input data. I would like to list all the possible reasons as much as I can. If you know there are other possible reasons please reply me in the blog, thanks.